We are looking for highly qualified applicants for all of our programs. HUC-JIR’s student body is diverse and there is no single “correct path” to becoming a strong candidate. We invite our applicants to share their unique qualifications, academic background, talents and strengths.
You must be able to meet the following requirements by June of the summer you福彩app是正规的吗 intend to enroll.
- A BA or BS degree from an accredited college or university.
- An academic record reflecting the ability to do graduate work at a 3.0 grade point average or above on a four-point scale.
- Completion of the general Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Applicants who only seek the MEdL will not need to pass a Hebrew exam to enter, rather, this requirement can be met after matriculating, and must be met prior to graduation.
- Applicants who wish to complete the MAJL must enter with a minimum of one year of college-level Hebrew or the equivalent, and pass an entrance exam.
- International applicants from non-English speaking countries must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), now an internet based test (IBT). International applicants must have a working knowledge of English and a score of at least 90 on the TOEFL, with at least 22 on each constituent part.
Academic and Professional Qualities
While there is no specific prerequisite list of courses or professional experience to apply, successful applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- A readiness for graduate study, including the capacity to meet the intellectual, ethical, and emotional demands of graduate school.
- A serious commitment and capacity to develop and hone the skills of a Jewish educational leader
- The capacity to develop self-awareness.
- An ability to engage in abstract reasoning, to think analytically and conceptually, and to formulate mature judgments.
- An aptitude for clear oral and written self-expression.