We are looking for highly qualified applicants for all of our programs. HUC-JIR’s student body is diverse and there is no “correct path” to becoming a strong candidate. Each applicant is viewed as a unique individual. For example, a degree in Jewish studies is not required but it is important to have some background with liberal arts classes where reading and writing are emphasized.
You must be able to meet the following requirements by June of the summer you福彩app是正规的吗 intend to enroll.
- A BA or BS degree from an accredited college or university.
- An academic record reflecting the ability to do graduate work at a 3.0 grade point average or above on a four-point scale.
- Two years of college-level Hebrew language study prior to admission.
- Completion of the general Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- International applicants from non-English speaking countries must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and have a working knowledge of English. International applicants are not required to take the GRE but must take the TOEFL.
- A readiness for graduate study, including the capacity to meet the intellectual, ethical, and emotional demands of graduate school.
- A serious commitment to academic study.
- An ability to engage in abstract reasoning, to think analytically and conceptually, and to formulate mature judgments.
- An aptitude for clear oral and written self-expression.